Please also review our online Terms & Conditions, which are linked at the bottom of our websites.
The outline of this document:
1. What information we collect
2. How we use your information
3. Online Security
5. Contact us at Proou
1.What information we collect:
- The information we collect about use of our website(s) and user feedback helps us to develop and improve the website(s) and enhance your experience.
- When you visit any Proou website we may collect information that is about you but that does not identify you individually, such as your IP address, aggregate user data, length of your visits, areas of the website(s) visited, location data and browser type. (“Non-Personal Information”) Certain information may not be personal information when standing alone (e.g., your IP Address), but may become so when combined with other information (e.g., your name).
- We may collect personal information about you when you register for promotional emails, subscribe to our newsletter, set up a shopping account, purchase goods, contact customer service, or engage in other interactive features with our sites (e.g., consumer opinion surveys, product reviews).
- If you place an order or create an online account at Proou we will collect your information on a secure server. You are asked to fill in your name, e-mail address, billing information and shipment information. If you create an account we will retain the information you provide so that you don’t have to fill in this again for any following purchases.
- We only collect billing information on our website in connection with shopping accounts and merchandise purchases. Proou will not call or e-mail you to request sensitive billing information (e.g. credit card number, PayPal login/password) or your account password.
- If you decide to write a product review, you can choose whether you do this under your own name or using a nickname. We are interested in the opinion of our visitors, however we reserve the right to not publish or to remove inappropriate reviews.
- Should you apply for a job at Proou, you will be required to email or upload a resume and application letter. Please do not provide any sensitive personal information such as your social security number with your application.
2. How we use your information:
- We may request and use your personal information to facilitate product returns, exchanges or to address complaints or concerns regarding an order. We may contact you if there is a problem with our order or your payment, however we will not request sensitive billing information (e.g. credit card number, PayPal login/password) or your account password over e-mail or telephone.
- To make your shopping experience as pleasant as possible we may keep track of your orders and your use of our services. With this information we can personalize your online shopping experience and recommend products that might be of interest to you. This is sometimes called behavioral marketing. If you do not want us to personalize your Proou experience, please do not create an account on our websites (you can still place orders but you will have to re-enter all of your information each time) and reject our cookies on your browser preferences.
- We may maintain a record of your purchases made on any of our websites and combine this with information you have provided in our retail stores or over the phone in order to better serve you.
- To inform you on new features, specials, products and other promotional activities of Proou. To opt out of promotional communications from Proou, you may change your account settings or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out, Proou may still contact you regarding your orders or for other non-promotional purposes.
- From time to time we may offer sweepstakes, contests, promotions or surveys, and you may be required to provide certain personal information in order to participate. Even if you have previously chosen not to receive promotional communications from us, we may still send you communications related to the sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey in which you have participated.
- With social media websites if you choose to access them from a Proou website. If you do not want Proou to share information about you with a social media site or application, do not click any “share” or “like” button on a product detail page or otherwise access a social media site or application.
- For any purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
Proou does not share (or sell) personal information you provide us with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. From time to time we may work with third party vendors or consultants whose services we use to support our business in ways such as order or payment processing, information technology, database management, analytics and optimization. Such third parties have agreed to maintain your personal information at least as strictly as we do and to use it only for the purpose for which that vendor was hired.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud or identity theft prevention or any other governmental investigation. We may do so when: (i) permitted or required by law; (ii) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; (iii) investigating fraud which has already taken place; or (iv) otherwise cooperating with a governmental investigation.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or policies, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Proou, its employees, its customers or the public.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Proou’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Proou about our website users is among the assets transferred.
Please note that the use of any feature made available to you on our websites such as Facebook Connect, or the like feature (also connected to Facebook) may result in information being collected or shared about you by us or by others. We cannot control how your information is collected, stored, used or shared by third-party sites (including sites we may link to) or to whom it is disclosed. Please be sure to review the privacy policies and settings on your social networking sites or any linked sites to make sure you understand and agree with the information they are sharing.
3. Online Security
We appreciate the trust you place in us. Proou is committed to protecting your personal information.
We’ve implemented reasonable security measures, including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology and other tools to protect personal information you may provide when placing an order or creating an account on our websites. We use a variety of measures to ensure that your personal information is protected from: unauthorized access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorized modification or alteration, unlawful destruction or accidental loss. However, the Internet is an open system and Proou cannot guarantee that the personal information you submit will not be intercepted by others. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
Please never email sensitive personal information like credit card numbers, or account or PayPal login/passwords to us. Sensitive information should only be provided to us through the secure portions of our websites. You are responsible for keeping your account password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and we will not e-mail or call you to ask for your password.
In the unfortunate event that your “personally identifiable information” (as the term or similar terms are defined by any applicable law requiring notice upon a security breach) is compromised, we may notify you as required by law at the last e-mail address you have provided in the most expedient time reasonable under the circumstances. Delays in notification may occur while necessary measures are taken to determine the scope of the breach and restore reasonable integrity to the system(s) as well as for the legitimate needs of law enforcement if notification would impede an investigation.
Our website may include links to external websites operated by other organizations. They may collect personal information from visitors to their site. Proou cannot guarantee the content or privacy practices of any external websites and does not accept responsibility for those websites.
4. Cookies & web beacons
We may use ‘cookies’ on our website that act as an identification card for your computer. When you visit Proou websites, unique cookies are placed to distinguish your browser from all other browsers that visit our sites. By recognizing your browser, we can serve you better.
You have a choice to accept or reject cookies by modifying your browser preferences. You have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set or to reject all cookies. Please note that if you choose to reject all cookies, certain parts of this site may not be available to you or may not function properly.
Pages of our website(s) and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). Web beacons are used together with cookies, so if you reject cookies the web beacons will only detect an anonymous website visit. Web beacons in e-mails enable us to know whether you have received our email.
5. Contact us at Proou
If you have any questions, feedback or want to know more about how your personal information is used, or if you want to access, correct or remove your personal information or opt out of certain communications or features, please contact us at email@example.com.
We will do our best to honor your request if practicable, however we cannot guarantee that your request will be honored or that you will be able to continue using your account if your request is honored.